Friday, February 24, 2012

The TRIP


So I finally have booked all my flights, gotten my Eurail pass, and figured out all the passport/visa hassle. I am actually and completely going to Europe! In less than a month...but don't worry, of course the stress and worry don't end here. I have an appointment with the passport agency next week because I unfortunately overlooked the requirement that to receive a Russian visa your passport must be valid for a full six months after your scheduled return date- 5 months and 11 days doesn't cut it. But as soon as I get my expedited passport (for the expedited passport fee) I can apply for my Russian visa (for the expedited visa fee). So as I empty my savings account before I even leave for the airport, I am getting a little apprehensive. I am traveling to Washington, DC three times before I leave- four if you count my actual flight which is from IAD. It's all worth it though! I will be spending 16 glorious days, plus two in transit, in Europe! My rough itinerary:

-South and South Western Germany
-Prague
-Vienna
-Budapest
-Helsinki
-St. Petersburg

I come back on April 9th, which is kind of disappointing as it's the day after Easter which is my favorite holiday! At first I was really stoked to get to spend Easter in Russia with all their traditions, but then I realized that to Orthodox Russia, the holiday isn't until the 15th  =/
But I will instead throw a Western Easter party on the 8th! So that should be an entertaining disaster at least.
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.
St. Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment