Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Georgia Summer Packing List

**Posted retrospectively**

So, it's about a week and a half before I leave for my summer internship in Georgia ("the country, not the state!" shouts a chorus of every American who's ever been to Georgia), so I decided to gather some of my belongings to start packing...just kidding, I'm leaving in 5 hours! hahahahahahahahahaaa...tears.

I'm very bad at packing. Very bad.
I thought maybe it would help to share my efforts with you guys, so here's what I'm bringing to Georgia!


Bags:

This rolling duffel

This emergency last minute first-bag-was-too-heavy suitcase

This 65 L internal frame pack (carry on)

This purse (personal item)

and this daypack for hiking, but I'm packing it in the duffel

Clothes:

17 short sleeve/tank top shirts of varying formality, style, and materials
3 light weight long sleeve button-ups
1 North Face zip up
4 work pants
1.5 pairs of jeans (pair 1 is about to break)
6 skirts of varying formality
4 work dresses
2 long sleeve dresses
5 short sleeve/tank top dresses
3 cardigans
3 (conservative) work-out outfits
2 spring scarves
14 pairs of underwear
8 pairs of socks
3 bras, 1 sports bra


Shoes:

3 flats (tan, black, navy)
2 casual sandals (black, white)
2 pairs of shoes I bought last minute at Potomac Mills because of this (brown high heeled sandals and black closed-toe sandals)
1 pair of tennis shoes
1 pair of beach/shower flip flops
1 other pair of slightly heeled sandals

Books:

Bible
Ali and Nino in Russian (for practice)
Small notebook for writing down new Russian words
Big fat beautiful leather notebook for research notes
Little travel journal/scrapbook
Georgian phrasebook
A bunch of e-books 
(see? not so many!)


Electronics:

iPad
iPhone
Laptop
all those chargers
flash drives
external hard drive 
little tape recorder

Misc.

Some pictures of my friends and family
Toiletries
Hair products
A bunch of American candies (Cow Tails, Tootsie Rolls, Nerds)
Small gifts for my friends in Kazbegi
Nail polish
Jewelry
Hiking day pack







1 comment:

  1. I can't recall the last time I enjoyed an informative article like I have yours.  You've exceeded my high standards and expectations with your excellent writing skills.  You must have higher standards than I do.

    www.printingriver.com

    ReplyDelete